Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Pain Returns...

So it's mid March and suddenly I'm having issues again. My little finger and sometimes my ring finger are aching and sometimes my elbow feels sore and tender. I still get random feelings of being stabbed in the elbow with needles. I'm not sure if it's a result of more work being thrown at me since I switched jobs or if it's the result of something else.

On February 15th, I was at the movies with Rhys when I hit my elbow really hard on the arm rest. I very nearly let loose with some pretty bad words right in the middle of the movie but managed to hold my tongue which was a really good thing since it was a kids movie and the place was full of kids and their parents. Afterwards, my elbow was pretty tender for a couple of days.

Then last week, I was checking out my scar on my elbow (which is fading really well) in the bathroom mirror. I had my arm bent all the way back so my hand was touching my shoulder and I noticed a raised white line on the outside of my epicondyle (the boney bump of your elbow). Now, I've checked out me elbow a lot over the past few months and I've NEVER seen this raised line before. And there's no matching raised area on my other elbow either. When I run a finger over it, it's numb like novacaine. The area is about a centimeter long.

I'm pretty sure that it's not normal to be able to see a ligament or tendon or something suddenly appear where it wasn't visible before. It seems awfully unprotected from injury if I can see it with the naked eye just by bending my arm. I can't even imagine hitting it at this point. The thought makes me sick to my stomach.

So now I'm playing a waiting game. I'm hoping the pain that seems to have come at the same time as this suspicious raised bump is just the added stress of more work and will resolve itself. If not, I'll have to consult back with Dr. Millard and I really don't want to do that. I really don't think there's much else he can do on my right arm. Here's hoping that it all works itself out!

No comments:

Post a Comment