Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wow, 4 Months!

I can't believe that in a few days it will have been 4 months since I had surgery. In general, things are going well. I'm not really sure what I expected to feel like 4 months out so I can't say that I'm better or worse than expected. I still have some numbness in my elbow and some of that may never go away. But it doesn't really bother me per se, it's just kind of weird - like novacaine from the dentist or something. Most of the time, I don't notice it unless I touch my elbow or I try to lean on it which is still uncomfortable. I also still get random nerve firings in my elbow which feel like some evil invisible elf suddenly stabbed me with a needle in my elbow. The feeling generally last for a few seconds and then goes away.

I'd say my chief and only real complaint, is that my little finger is still hurting. From what I can tell, this is primarily a result of the cold as it doesn't seem to really ache when my hands are warm. So I've taken to wearing a fingerless glove at work when it starts to hurt or shove my hand in a pocket to try to warm it up. Dr. Millard had said to come back in a couple of months if I was still having pain but I think I will wait until warmer weather to see if the pain goes away. I'm not really sure that he could do anything else at this point anyway except maybe cortisone shots and after having stitches pulled out of my palm, I'm not so keen on the idea of a shot in my hand!

2 comments:

  1. The cause of carpal tunnel syndrome is related to repetitive movements performed by the hands and wrist. It is also associated with different condition such as pregnancy, arthritis or even hypothyroidism. Thailand Carpal Tunnel Surgery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some patients doesn't want to undergo to surgery. They tend to treat themselves using Vitamin B. Vitamin B is used or herbal medicine to regenerate the nerve. And that is a big help to them because it is very effective. I learned some tips @http://carpaltunnelhq.com/remedies-for-carpal-tunnel-syndrome-overview-of-the-possible-remedies-for-carpal-tunnel-syndrome/

    ReplyDelete