Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Uh, chopsticks weren't meant for that sweetie...

Just a quick update eight days post surgery. Things are going well. I went back to work two days after surgery, working from home one day and then heading back into the office. I haven't had any pain meds aside from Tylenol since Wednesday night, three days after surgery. Overall, I'm feeling good aside from some moments of very minor irritation. It seems like the side of my hand beneath my pinkie may be numb but I can't really tell at this point. Working has been less difficult than I anticipated and compared to going back to work 3 weeks after surgery on my right arm. I can actually use my fingers really well and really my only inhibitor is the bulk of the splint in the area of my palm preventing my fingers from really stretching out when typing.

My chief and only real complaint....the insane itching! I really want this splint off! I don't remember the itching being this bad with my right arm and that splint went all the way up over my elbow. I've even taken to shoving a chopstick under the splint in an effort to scratch and relieve the itching. I don't get the splint off for another 7 days and I can't wait (although, I'm not looking forward to getting the stitches removed....YOWZAH!!!)

1 comment:

  1. I get the surgery friday, to fix the nerve in my elbow, and I was wondering what kind of splint i will be in after, and if i will be able to move my fingers or not?

    ReplyDelete