Saturday, October 3, 2009

Time for surgery!

Surgery is a little less than 2 days away. I'm not nervous yet, probably because I have too much to do! I finished editing my husband's cousin's wedding photos so I can get them into the mail. Now I'm doing all the things around the house that need to get done. Laundry, changing the sheets on the beds, vacuuming, etc.

We'll send Rhys to spend the night with my mom so she can drive him to school Monday morning and we'll drop Devyn off at daycare on our way to the hospital. We have to be at Grant by 7:30 in the morning. Surgery was pushed back half an hour or we would have had to be there by 7:00. I'm sure I won't sleep the night before and of course I'm not allowed anything to eat. The hospital has already called me twice, once to pre-register me and another call from the surgical nurse asking me about stuff like allergies, medical conditions, etc. Looks like this is really happening!

I've read a few really good blogs from other people who've had surgery and they've really helped to give me a good idea of what to expect (as well as you can from just reading anyway). But there are a few things that will be different for me. For starters, they were all men. There are just some things that a girl has to deal with men just don't understand. For example, it's going to be very difficult to put on a bra and shave with only my left hand. The other difference is that none of these guys had carpal tunnel and guyon canal decompressions at the same time as their cubital tunnel surgeries. So I'll be dealing with the added pain and recovery in my wrist/hand as well as my elbow.

I'll try to update the blog after surgery to let everyone know how things are going. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes! They are much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment